Patrick W. Francis PhD
Patrick is an experienced professional with over 25 years of experience in quality, project, and risk management in various industries including health care, manufacturing, finance, higher education, and food processing. He is a Professor of Business Analysis & Process Management at the Pilon School of Business, Sheridan College, and has also taught at the University of Toronto and Humber College. Prior to his teaching roles, Patrick held several risk, information technology, policy, and quality management positions at the Bank of Montreal, Ministry of Health, and Ontario Financing Authority. He has several designations including ASQ Specialized Risk Credential, Canadian Risk Management, Quality Engineer, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Business Process Management, and Project Management, in addition to several postgraduate degrees/diplomas in management studies, business administration, financial engineering, and health sciences.
- Experienced in facilitating risk management workshops offering and implementing measures and policies aimed at managing risk
- Proficient in conducting ongoing analyses on business processes related to productivity, quality, costs, and time management.
- Capability to conduct risk assessments including presenting risk assessment reports to middle and upper management, proposing and implementing measures and policies aimed at managing risk
- Experienced in developing and implementing risk management and business process management frameworks respectively
- Implementation of process management and lean six sigma solutions
- Expertise in coaching and training operational employees and executives in quality and risk management
- Strong attention to detail, advanced problem-solving and communication skills
- Capability to influence leadership