Sam Nejatian PhD
Sam’s professional career started at US Naval Academy and Maine Maritime as an Engineering Officer. Later, he worked for over 20 years at GE aviation as the Director of global sales for the military fighter jets, small commercial aircraft, helicopters, maintenance services, spares and ground equipment programs.
Saeed’s professional career include sr. executive roles in the Defense, Aerospace, Power, Energy, Education, and Business Consulting industries such as Sr. adviser at TPG, sr. management consultant at Siemens on Smart Grid business transformation and Change Management, sr. consultant at Toronto Hydro on Energy Efficiency/Conservation programs and sr. consultant at Southern California Edison on Demand Side Management & Energy Efficiency programs.
Sam has a degree in Marine Engineering (Steam & Diesel) from USN/Maine Maritime, a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, a MS degree and PhD in Industrial Engineering from Northeastern University in Boston Massachusetts. His educational experience includes teaching assignments at US Army, Northeastern University, University of California, University of Toronto, Ryerson University and McMaster university. He also has over 30 professional certifications and diplomas including Professional Engineer (PE), Engineering Leadership Programs (ELP), Manufacturing Management Programs (MMP), Project Management (PM), Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Energy Systems Auditor (ISO 50001), Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt (GB), Blackbelt (BB), Master Blackbelt (MBB), Sustainability Management, Occupation Health & Safety (OSH), Global Procurement, Supply Chain Management (SCM), Operations Management (OM), Total Quality Control (TQC), Product Development Management, Systems Analysis, Quality Management System (QMS), Manufacturing Materials & Processes (MMP), Certified Professional Facilitator (CPF), New Product Introduction (NPI), Organizational Change Management (OCM), Professional Negotiation Management, Product’s Commercialization program among others.
Sam is currently Academic coordinator for Sustainability Management & Enterprise Process Excellence and Green Economy certificate programs, Course/program developer and lead instructor at Ryerson University. He is the founding member of sustainability program and Leadership Essential program at McMaster university. He continues with senior consulting assignments within the private, public industries and government agencies in Canada and the USA while lecturing at local universities and conducting Corp. training programs.
- PhD., Industrial Engineering (Northeastern University)
- Master of Science, Industrial Engineering (Northeastern University)
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering (Northeastern University)
- Bachelor of Science, Marine Engineering (USN/Maine Maritime)
Certifications & Diploma:
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Master BlackBelt (MBB) & Professional Engineer (PE)
- Certified Project, Program & Portfolio Management
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- Certified ISO 50001, ISO 14000, ISO 2600 & ISO 9001
- Certified Measurement & Verification (CMV)
- Certified Professional Facilitator
- Certified Professional Negotiator
- Certified Supply Chain Management (SCM) & Inventory Management
- Certified Procurement Professional
- Certified Manufacturing Processes Management
- Certified Strategic Management
- Certified Operation Management Professional
- Certified Energy Efficiency Professional
- Certified Sustainability Management professional
- Diploma is Jet Engine Design and Manufacturing
- Diploma in Executive Communication Coaching
- Diploma in Financial Management
- Diploma in Engineering Management
- Diploma in Technical Marketing & Engineering Systems Analysis
- 10 others